- 3 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 cups granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 finely grated orange peel
- 1 cup Blood Orange EVOO
- 2 large room temperature eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- Powdered sugar for garnish
In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, blood orange oil, orange juice, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and remaining dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 additions, beating in between until no dry spots remain. Roll the dough into small balls the size of a cherry. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, flatten each with a floured disk or bottom of glass. Beat an egg white and brush on top of cookies. May sprinkle with almonds. Bake in the center of a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Increase to 425 for 2 minutes.
Cool and dust with powdered sugar.